Spring 2021 Krakow, Poland
The European Association for Cancer Education (EACE) and The American Association for Cancer Education (AACE) invite you to participate in an inaugural, certified course in essential skills in cancer education.
This one day international education forum is jointly hosted by EACE and AACE will include presentations by leading international educators, interactive sessions, breakout sessions, small group discussions and networking opportunities with mentors. This event will bring together international cancer educators across disciplines to exchange ideas and discuss key topics leadership in cancer education, such as effectively leading and influencing change in cancer education at different organizational or personal levels, effective communication skills and mentorship.
|Download the Program Brochure|
Overall Goals of the Course
- To explore and understand essential skills in different leadership styles
- Facilitate networking and collaboration in interprofesional care team environment
- Engage the participants in leadership in cancer education and inspire initiative for change
At the end of the course the participants will be better able to:
- Describe different leadership styles and how they are used in different situations
- Define the steps needed to initiate change in practice
- Address the challenges and communication gaps
- Develop productive/effective mentoring relationships and engage in scholarly projects to develop leadership skills necessary for oncology professionals
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at practicing interprofessional allied health care providers, physicians, health care professionals, basic scientists, clinicians and PhD students who would like to learn leadership styles in cancer education. Each participant is expected to bring his/her individual outline project that he/she would like to work at during the course. For those who have no particular project, possible topics will be listed on the website. The participants are expected to submit their projects outline and their CV 3 weeks before the course date.
Call for abstracts begins: Open now.
Call for abstracts closes: April 23, 2021.
Abstract notification of acceptance: TBA.
Registration opens: Open now.