To improve clinical outcomes through the education and training of individuals involved within the cancer and palliative care continuum and to facilitate communication and networking between those involved in cancer education.
Cancer educators, physicians, nurses, palliative care physicians, oncologists, dentists, social workers, students, educationalists, psychologists, researchers, other allied health professionals, staff members of comprehensive cancer centres and/or cancer societies/leagues.
Fields of cancer education
Undergraduate and postgraduate medical, nursing, dental, cancer education, public and patient cancer education.
- To improve interaction between policy makers, educators and those involved in the continuum of care of patients with cancer
- To support the translation of theoretical concepts into clinical care, for the benefit of patients, through research and education
- To provide training that enables individual educators and practitioners to:
- develop their practice using evidence-based approaches
- identify their needs for personal and professional development
- develop the skills necessary for reflective practice
- determine the effectiveness of their educational interventions
Activities & Range of Services Available
- Hold an annual scientific meeting
- Publish with the AACE, the Journal of Cancer Education four times a year
- Identify members with similar interests and facilitate opportunities for networking
- An active Executive Board.
- The Journal of Cancer Education
- Reduction in registration fees for both EACE and AACE annual scientific meetings
- Member only online resources
- To seek to develop appropriate opportunities for educational research and development proposals for external funding.
- To ensure effective working communications between the Executive Board, local planning committees, members and prospective members to support local initiatives under the auspices of EACE.
Annual Scientific Meetings
The EACE holds an Annual Scientific Meeting each Spring, usually in March or April and the AACE hold theirs in the Autumn, usually in September or October. Members from both associations are encouraged to present scientific papers or posters on new and innovative techniques in cancer or palliative care education for health profession students, practicing health professionals, cancer patients, and the general public.
Members receive a discounted registration fee at both annual scientific meetings.
Future EACE meetings
- EACE 2022: Krakow, Poland
- EACE 2023: Birmingham, UK
Future AACE meetings
- ICEC 2022: Maryland, USA
- ICEC 2023: Toronto, Canada